Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day



The sight of all the flowers at the cemetary on Memorial Day is a beautiful, yet somber sight. Expressions of love and loss at the same time.

Somehow, it still doesn't seem right to see both of my parent's names inscribed here. We visited on Monday, and it looked like many others had already been to leave flowers. It always makes me wonder who else left flowers. It was nice to see my parent's remembered.



That afternoon, we went to Salt Lake City Cemetary too. We ran into Rose and her family. Then we explored a bit, and found some of the prophets' grave.

1 comment:

Kathleen White said...

How nice that you were able to go to both cemetaries. I also wonder who else left flowers. We went on Sunday afternoon in the rain - it seemed appropriate to my feelings.